Have you wondered if you’ll ever be able to dunk?
With just a simple vertical jump program, you can be closer to your goal than ever before!
Today, we will be reviewing the Top 3 Best Vertical Jump Programs currently out in the market:
Vert Shock, The Jump Manual, & BoingVERT
Based on our research, we have found that these three programs are amongst the most commonly used vertical jump programs currently in the market.
These are used by many athletes, including professionals.
But the questions is… do these actually work?
To break it down for you guys, let’s use the following criteria to rate each vertical jump program:
Price; Effectiveness; Accessibility; Time Commitment; and Customer Satisfaction
We will rate the criteria out of five, and then provide an overall rating at the end of each review to help you determine the best vertical jump program for you!
Make sure to check out our 13 Best Exercises to Increase Your Vertical page to learn more about the foundations.
If you are curious about your vertical jump measurement and would like to try measuring at home using simple household items, see this page.
Now, let’s begin with… Vert Shock!
(1) VERT SHOCK – $67.00 USD
About Vert Shock:
Vert Shock is a 7-8 week vertical jump program that focuses on plyometric body-weight exercises.
It is organized into 3 phases:
1) Pre-Shock Phase [Week 1] gets your body fully prepared for the 6 weeks of the shock phase.
- 6 days of workouts with day 4 as the rest day.
2) Shock Phase [Week 2 to 7] shortens rest times and alternates rest days to activate fast-twitch muscle fibres.
- 4-6 days of workouts per week that constantly alternate the rest days.
3) Post-Shock Phase [Week 8] finishes off the workout with a high intensity.
- 6 days of workouts with day 4 as the rest day.
These three phases do not seem to be much different in terms of workout structure and exercises. It looks like the creator of Vert Shock may have just done this for the purpose of organizing the workouts.
- 4-6 days per week; 4-5 exercises per day.
- Details the number of sets per exercise, and amount of rest between sets.
- Video tutorial for every single exercise.
- No need for weights or access to a gym; doable at home or at a park where there is a slightly soft surface such as grass.
- Comes with extras such as a warm-up tutorial, cool-down tutorial, tips on how to improve technique, among several other things.
- More affordable than most other vertical jump programs.
- It currently sells for $67.00 for the entire program. No other payments are required.
- The 3 phase system seems to be quite effective, showing results within just a few days at times.
- Many customers and online reviews say that Vert Shock gives effective results fairly quickly.
- Within the just first few workouts you can feel your legs and core improving in strength and jump capability.
- One of the best things about the Vert Shock program is that you can do every exercise at home, simply using the detailed HD tutorial videos that it includes.
- These videos are extremely helpful in situations where you may not have certain gym equipment or access, and provide you with alternative exercises that are equally as effective.
- The workouts are provided for you on a file that can be downloaded straight onto your mobile device; the program is very easy to use and understand.
- The reason we give this program a 4.5 rating on Time Commitment is related to the structure of the 3 phases.
- Each phase seems to change rest days to throw off your body into “shock” to see the best results (based on their philosophy), which can be a little inconvenient if you’re a very busy person.
- Although this is not a huge issue since you can just take your rest days to fit your own schedule, it makes it a little more difficult to follow the program very strictly.
- A good thing is that because the workouts are only 30-40 minutes in length, so you will most likely be able to squeeze in some time for the workout during most days.
- As mentioned before, many customers and online reviewers have given Vert Shock extremely high ratings in comparison to their competitors.
- Here are some of the things that Vert Shock’s clients have had to say about the program:
Our OVERALL Rating for Vert Shock is 4.9/5:
If you are interested in Vert Shock and would like to find out more, check out their website below:
Vert Shock Website
The second program we will be reviewing is ‘The Jump Manual’.
It is one of the most popular vertical jump programs currently in the market that is also used by many amateur, competitive, and professional athletes.
From web research, it looks like Vert Shock and The Jump Manual are very similar in terms of ability to reach clients’ goals.
The difference is primarily in the style and structure of training:
(2) THE JUMP MANUAL – $100.00 USD + $20 Monthly Payments
About The Jump Manual:
The Jump Manual is a case-by-case-based vertical jump program that coaches you based on your individual fitness level, jump technique, and sport.
Compared to Vert Shock, they use a more detail-oriented coaching approach where the workouts are tailored based on the objective in place.
One thing to note about this program is that they offer free coaching for the first 14 days of purchase and also offer the choice of a full refund within the first 60-days if you’re are not satisfied.
Similar to Vert Shock, The Jump Manual provides video tutorials and alternative exercises for situations where you do not have certain equipment such as a plyometric box or weights.
Lastly, The Jump Manual has direct unlimited access to coaches to critique and/or provide feedback on your workouts, or to answer any questions that you may have.
- This program is more expensive than a lot of other vertical programs out there.
- They provide 60 days to test out whether you are satisfied with it. If you don’t see progress, you can simply get a full refund.
- There are subsequent payments of about $20.00 monthly for the coaching part of the program.
- The effectiveness of this program is supported by many customers who have tried The Jump Manual, and this is their main selling point.
- As their main selling point, they guarantee an additional 10-inches to your vertical, and offer a full refund (as mentioned previously) if you are not satisfied.
- The coaches are available and will get back to your emails or questions within one business day.
- You also have unlimited access to the program material as soon as you purchase the program.
- Similar to Vert Shock, you do not need to train in a weight room. They provide variations that you can complete without weights that can be used as a replacement.
- One thing about The Jump Manual is that it does take about 12 weeks to add 10 or more inches to your vertical, which is longer than the Vert Shock program.
- The users of The Jump Manual seem to be very satisfied. This makes sense though, because of the full refund policy for people who aren’t.
- This program is most suitable for individuals who are very serious about their vertical jump, and are willing to commit the time and effort into increasing their vertical jump as much as possible. If this is you, The Jump Manual is probably your best choice.
- Here are some The Jump Manual reviews from customers who have actually tried out this program:
Our OVERALL Rating for The Jump Manual is 4.6/5:
If you are interested in The Jump Manual and would like to find out more, check out their website below:
The Jump Manual Website
The last program we will be reviewing is BoingVERT:
(3) BoingVERT – $27.00 USD
This program is structured a little differently than the last two.
There are two options you can choose from: ANIMAL & SAVAGE.
ANIMAL is a 16-week program that requires no weights and uses purely plyometric and body-weight exercises.
SAVAGE is a 12-week program that requires weights.
Individuals can choose between the two, depending on preference of weight training versus pure plyometrics.
Now let’s do a thorough review:
- This program is much cheaper than Vert Shock and The Jump Manual
- ANIMAL is $17.00, while the SAVAGE is $27.00
- SAVAGE includes the ANIMAL workout as well, so both of them together will only cost you $27.00.
- There is also BoingVERT LIFETIME which will give you unlimited access to everything, including newer workout updates. LIFETIME is $79.99.
- Unfortunately, many users of BoingVERT have mentioned that it is not as effective as VertShock and The Jump Manual.
- If you were to use both ANIMAL and SAVAGE though, you get a more thorough development of your vertical jump (based on reviews). But this would require 28 weeks to complete.
- We are giving this 3 stars, because of the fact that many of BoingVERT’s reviewers have mentioned how confusing the workout program can be at times.
- The structure of the workout is slightly confusing based on some reviews, and there have been a few reviewers unhappy with their use of difficult terminology when giving explanations.
- Their website is also extremely confusing and it is very difficult to navigate through to find what you want.
- It is still available through your mobile device though, and their workout guides are in PDF format which are easy to flip through as well.
- Additionally, they also have instructional videos for their exercises, similar to VertShock and The Jump Manual.
- Here’s where BoingVERT lacks the most compared to the other two programs.
- Each program (ANIMAL and SAVAGE) by themselves are already longer than the other two programs we have discussed previously.
- If you were to combine these two programs, it is a total of 28 weeks to complete.
- This is an extremely long time, and while you can stick to one of their two workouts, it is most effective to use both of them which is quite a time commitment considering the length of their competitors Vert Shock and The Jump Manual.
- We will give BoingVERT 3 stars based on their customer satisfaction.
- This is because there are many reviewers who have enjoyed the product and do recommend the use of them, but there are also a fair amount of reviewers who have mentioned that this program is not as effective as the others.
- Because of this, we will say it is most fair to give a rating of 3 stars.
- Here are some reviews from BoingVERT’s clients:
Our OVERALL Rating for BoingVERT is 3.2/5:
If you are interested in BoingVERTand would like to find out more, check out their website below:
If you guys want to learn more about how to jump higher, these are some of the most popular programs that many people have tried. Including myself.
Make sure that the criteria of the program fits your needs, especially if you are considering investing your money into one of these programs.
Of course hard work and diligence is necessary for you to improve your jumping ability, but these programs detail the most efficient and effective ways to do them.
As mentioned before, there are TONS of reviews on each site so make sure to go check them out as well before you decide to purchase any of the programs.
Once you have checked out these programs, please make sure to provide us with your experience as your feedback is important to us.
If you guys are interested in articles related to exercise and nutrition, don’t forget to check out our Homepage for more content!
Check out my Contact page and email me if you have any questions that you would like answered about these two programs, or even anything in general. I will be happy to get back to you.